Friday, June 5, 2009

Photoshoot gone bad.

So today my friend Daniel and I were asked to be subjects for a photoshoot taken by a talented friend and photographer by the name of Hamesh Shahani at Mr. Pockets a local pool hall in the South Bay. We were all dressed up in nice shirts, ties, and vests to give it a classy look. We were both taking shots and just posing for him and all was going well. He then tells Daniel that he wants to take some breakshots of him. Instead of literally breaking a rack he just broke the cue ball straight into the cross corner pocket. Since they were drop pockets, I was just fetching the cue ball and returning it to him standing directly in his line of sight. Well the KINO light was in his face so I guess that was blinding to him. Of course I was looking at Hamesh take the shots so I wasnt watching the ball. After the 10th or so shot, Daniel just whacked at the cue ball and for whatever reason(not chalking, getting tired, jacking up on the cue... who knows) the freaking ball shoots straight into my forehead.

FUUUUUCK I yelled. I just grabbed my head and bend down. I initally head laughter, which is fine because it is funny, just not when it happens to me. I looked at my hands to realize there is no blood and then I calmed a bit. Everyone rushed over to me and told me to sit down and whatnot. I mean it really hurt, but not to the point of me passing out or anything. The thud was pretty loud. They all said they could hear the cue ball's impact on my domepiece. With that we took a short break while I got some ice to put over my head. I usually have great reflexes. I mean I was a hockey goalie for years. But the normal overhead light was off bc H wanted to control his light better and I just wasn't looking. Had that overhead light been on, I woulda seen that white ball shoot at me and I would have either caught it or dodged it. Too bad it was neither. I know Daniel didn't mean it. But shiet jamofo! You just threw a rock at my head! haha. Moments later we were back at it, but I kept poking at my bump to see how badly it swelled. It swelled alright, but not as bad as I thought it would. We continued shooting, and then Hamesh started taking close up shots of my face. I hope those pictures don't accentuate my bump.

Overall it was a good shoot. I still can't believe it happened to me though. This is the first and hopefully last time I'll ever take a cue ball to my head. Yeah, they can jump off the table and maybe bump into someone's leg or something. But I've never seen that happen. Too bad it wasn't filmed bc it surely woulda been online by now. My head still kinda stings when I touch it. But I think the swelling should be gone by tomorrow. sigh.... what a day!

I'll have more blogs about past events later.. Just had to put this one out first.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Buddy,
    What was captured during that rather awkward mishap, was a super slo-mo sequence of me hitting the ball and my immediate reaction once I noticed it fly off the table and onto Andy's head.

    Please, please please, Hamesh (AKA "H"), please give me the file soon!

    ReplyDelete